Over time, the aging process causes our skin to change; we are developing wrinkles, uneven pigmention and often an increased dryness. The skin also loses its volume and becomes thin and fragile. When the natural skin-ageing process (called intrinsic ageing) is combined with excessive sunlight exposure or smoking (extrinsic aging), further pre-mature ageing develops, and irregular pigmentation, redness and further wrinkling can compound the problem.
Here are some tips how you can help your skin:
1. Always protect from the sun, use only high quality SPF50+ sun protection. Avoid any sunburn!
2. Don’t smoke.
3. Have a healthy and balanced diet with plenty of antioxidants, drink penty of water.
4. Cleanse your skin twice daily with an effective but still gentle face cleanser. Visit our Skin Care site for information on suitable products.
5. Use an hydrating and lipid replenishing moisturizer.
6. At nighttime use a medical grade Vitamin A cream which is proven to help intrinsic and extrinsic skin ageing.
7. To reverse signs of skin aging and photoaging consider IPL and laser treatments, they are proven to be effective and safe.
Make an appointment with our cosmetic assistants to see which products and treatments might suit you.